The past week has been amazing... I enjoyed every minute of it! It started last Friday, when my parents flew into town....
*Saturday, my mom and I put on a wonderful bridal shower for Lauren, who is getting married May 9th. It was so much fun! I think everyone there would say so! Then we joined my dad and Erik and went to my aunt's house in Roswell and did dinner with the big family.
*Sunday, my mom fixed my garage door, AWESOME!!! We did some chores around the house, hung out and then all 4 of us went to Provino's for dinner. Delicious!
*Monday was exciting, my parents and I went to Athens... my old stomping grounds and met with Wingate Downs (the world's best photographer!!) and picked out my mom's book of our wedding and I opted for a large print to hang on the wall of the two of us... then we went to have it framed. It is going to look sensational, very classic, and I will post a picture when I get it! Then we had lunch at East West Bistro, YUMMMMM!
*Tuesday, my mom had to leave- so we had a fun lunch and then Erik went to work, and my dad and I drove her to the airport. On the way home, my dad and I took a trip through GT campus, his old stomping grounds. If it had been warmer (anything above 50 degrees!!) we would have stayed for the baseball game that was going on then... it was fun to see where he spent his college days. Then we had a date at Shane's Rib Shack. We love BBQ! (and I LOVE spending time with my dad no matter what we do!)
*Wednesday was fantastic- Erik had off, so the three of us got up and headed to The Dillard House in North Ga for an amazing lunch.... it was not only in a gorgeous location, but the food was sensational, if you have never been... you must go! We headed from there to our lake house and enjoyed just hanging out in the mountains. We watched Erik catch a few fish and headed back to reality.
*Thursday, Daddy and I went to Stone Mountain to have lunch with my hubby at The Commons. Dad got to see where Erik works. We sat outdoors on the patio, it happened to be 75 degrees and slightly breezy at that time... amazing. A fantastic way to spend a lunch hour! Then, we headed back home, and fixed a DELICIOUS steak dinner... my Dad is an amazing griller- needless to say, I cleaned my plate!
*Friday came all too quickly, I had to take my Dad to the airport. It makes me so grateful for the time with my parents. I can not wait until we live near each other again! On my way home from the airport, I stopped to watch my hubby and Nick play a few holes of golf and then had dinner at Longhorn.
*Today's agenda is a good one..... I am meeting Kim, my fantastic Mother in Law, to get massages at Evergreen. (Erik gave us a gift certificate for them for our birthdays!) We will do lunch and then I will head back this way. Tomorrow, after church, Erik and I will head to Nanny's for an Easter dinner.
Monday starts the official Marathon training... thank goodness, because I am eating everything under the sun right now!! ;) If you have noticed each day this week we have had a meal from a restaurant... I am sooo full!!!! I am really looking forward to the next 26 weeks and how the training will make me stronger physically and mentally. I will keep you posted as to how it goes! Here's to a leaner, healthier me!
No comments:
Post a Comment