Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Findings

It seems everyday that Lucas can do something else. Amazing, I see what they mean about being a little sponge. My child can make the sounds of many animals, it is so fun so see him successfully master this. He is just as proud as I am. He makes the sounds of a bee, monkey, cow, pig, sheep, horse, dog, cat, duck, bird, snake, bear, and can do a lizard tongue. Truly so fun to watch and hear. He loves to see big trucks and tractors and can say these words. He makes the noise of them, it is hilarious. We learned what flags were and like to point them out when we drive and can also make the sound of a train. (It is a high pitched "too too".) When we look for Cricket (our cat), Lucas will look under the couch and click his tongue like he is calling him... and he can say "Grace", which is the name of our dog. (sounds like "dace"). He can tell you where your nose and eyes are. I like that when I ask him where something is, say a toy or something specific, he can go get it. It is also fun to say, "go bring this (whatever it is) to Daddy", and he takes it and makes a perfect delivery! I am so beyond proud, as you can tell from my bragging mommy post. I am head over heels for him and am soooo grateful that I get to see and be with him this summer!

He has had quite a lot of ear infections and after seeing a specialist, he is going to be getting tubes. Our appointment is on the 28th in the morning. I know this is a minor and quick procedure, but it is still nervewracking for this mama. I know it is for the best, and I am sooo glad that it will help his ears feel better.

I was just reading about the second year of life and what cool things babies can do/should do/ etc. I read that between the 12th and 14th month, they start to have vivid dreams. Interesting, as I think that is EXACTLY what is happening in our house. He will wake up and not constant screaming, but defintely scared or bothered. I go in, and he is still laying down which makes me think he doesnt necessarily want me or to be picked up, he was just disturbed... interesting, right. Maybe my sweet baby is dreaming!

While he still naps in the morning, I am taking advantage of the time for me. Sometimes I sit and drink coffee, sometimes I do a workout video, sometimes I do grad school work, and sometimes I nap, too... that is one great thing about summertime! :)  I dont know how long he will continue to take two naps, but I know it will probably end this coming school year....I can not believe it!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! And suck up those naps. You can't get one with the second child b/c teh first child is tearing the house up:)