Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Few Things

David is improving, which makes being here in Atlanta easier. He is breathing on his own and all the vitals are stable. Now his kidneys are working better and his white blood count is headed down! :) All great things! He is being visited by the speech therapist to practice his swallowing, which he is able to do a little... keep working, D, and soon you will be able to eat liquid diet! (I bet after this long, broth and jello never sounded so good!) The physical therapists are working out his muscles and having his sit up in bed for two hours at a time, twice a week... huge improvements since I have seen him last! My parents got there on Thursday, and are with him until tomorrow.
Thank you for your prayers, I know they are helping!

In my neck of the woods, our neighborhood's first annual "grillfest" is this evening! I am excited, because the HOA Board is putting it on, and I hope it is a huge success! There will be live music and hot dogs and hamburgers! Keep your fingers that the weather is nice and there is a big turn out!

Friday we are headed to the lake... our friends will join us for the weekend, and then my sweet hubby and I are staying through the week! I can not wait! I love the lake. I love sharing it with our friends. I am sure that the relaxing week with Erik will be amazing, too! I can't wait to post pictures of the fun we had! Look for those soon!

Happy Saturday to you and yours.... it should be a GREAT one!

No comments: